ECL Seminar - Presentations
In an effort to encourage an exchange of knowledge, whenever possible, ECL Presentation materials are posted below for viewing.
- January 11, 2012 - Eva Agus Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department "Odorous Compounds in Municipal Wastewater Effluent and Potable Water Reuse Systems"
- January 25, 2012 - Jacob Tropea, Rolf Kern, Demo Chemist, Loren Olsen, Sr. Chemist, AB Sciex - Northern California & Nevada Region "Part 1. New Tools for Identifying Problematic Compounds and Part 2. Introduction to Metabolite Identification Strategies"
- February 08,2012 - Robert Letcher, Ph.D., Environment Canada and Carleton University "New and Emerging Organophosphorus and Brominated Flame Retardants and Degradation Products in Herring Gulls and Their Ecosystems from the Great Lakes"
- March, 14, 2012 - Ted Webster, Ph.D., MPH, Environmental Health Boston University School of Public Health, DSc - "Exposure to PBDEs from Product to Person"
- March 15, 2012 - Claudio Erratico, Ph.D. , UBC-Vancouver, Pharmaceutical Sciences - "PBDEs by Rat and Human Liver Microsomes"
- July 25, 2012 - Beverly Shen, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory “PBDEs in dust from California Firehouses”
- August 08, 2012 – Hilda Barry, Environmental “Chemistry Laboratory, Global Landscape of HIV – Human Proteins Complexes”
August 15, 2012 - Eric Phillips, Thermo Fisher, “Advances in Persistent Organic Pollutant Analysis”
September 12, 2012 Magnus Engwall, Orebro University, Sweden “Bioanalytical Methods in Environmental Toxicology Research”
October 24, 2012 Martin Snider, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory ”Bisphenol A in Our Diet: Concentrations and Controversies”
- November 9, 2012 – Visiting Drs. from Japan (Dr. Tomohiko Isobe, Senior Research Fellow, Ehime University, Dr. Takaaki Itai, assistant professor, Ehime University, Ms. Hazuki Mizukawa, Ph.D. candidate, Ehime University, Ms. Rumi Tanoue, Ph.D. candidate, Ehime University, Mr. Kenshi Sankoda, Ph.D. candidate, Prefectural University of Kumamoto – “Organohalogen Compounds and their Metabolites in the Blood of Pet Dogs and Cats, and in Pet Food”
YouTube Link http://youtu.be/lQIzWn71Cmk
ECL Reports summarize work on projects in support of DTSC initiatives. The following ECL Reports are available for viewing:
Earlier ECL (HML Reports)
- E-waste Report - "Determination of Regulated Elements in Seven Types of Discarded Consumer Electronic Products"
- SB20 Report - "Determination of Regulated Elements in Discarded Laptop Computers, LCD Monitors, Plasma TVs and LCD TVs"
- ECL Report 2008-01 "Mobile Laboratory Support to Site Mitigation: Simplified Method for Measuring Toxaphene Contamination by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry with Selective Ion Monitoring"
- ECL Report 2008-02 "Contract Laboratory Audit Report: Test America"
- ECL Report 2008-03 "Mobile Laboratory Screening Method for Phthalate Esters in Children's Toys by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry"
- ECL Report 2008-04 "Hazardous Waste Analysis of Copper Azole, Alkaline Copper Quaternary, and Creosote Preserved Wood"
- ECL Report 2008-05 "Serum Concentrations of Organochlorine Pesticides and PCB Congeners in Pregnant California Women, 1959-1967"
- ECL Report 2009-01 "Hydroxylated Metabolites of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) in California Wild Birds"
- ECL Report 2009-02 "Metabolic Fate of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) in California Kestrel Blood"
- ECL Report 2009-03 "Analysis of Methamphetamine on Wipes by GC/MS-SIM Mode or GC/MS/MS Spectrometry"
- ECL Report 2009-04 (Part 1, Part 2) "Contract Laboratory Audit Report - Advanced Technology Laboratories"