ECL hosts bi-weekly seminars on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month from 2-3 in Berkeley. If you have something to contribute to the scientific community and are interested in being a guest speaker, or if you would like additional information, contact Kathleen Jones-Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECL Seminar - Presentations
In an effort to encourage an exchange of knowledge, whenever possible, ECL Presentation materials are posted below for viewing.
April 23, 2014 - Sabrina Crispo-Smith, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Simultaneous Determination of PCBs, PBDEs, and Organochlorine Pesticides Using GC-Tandem Mass Spectrometry"
May 14, 2014 - Weihong Guo, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Vitamin C Supplementation May Lower POP Body Burdens"
- May 28, 2014 – Emily Parry Ph.D. Candidate, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Transport, Toxicity and Fate of Organic Contaminants in Municipal Wastewater"
- June 25, 2014 – Karl Palmer, Safer Consumer Products & Workplaces, DTSC, "Implementation of the SCP Regulations – What Role Might the Environmental Chemistry Lab Play?"
- July 09, 2014 – Shirley Gee, University of California, Davis "Detecting Environmental Chemicals Using Immunoassay Technology"
July 23, 2014 – Kenneth Neely, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Analysis of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water by IC-ICP-MS"
- September 24, 2014 – Kenneth Neely, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC "Approaches to measuring and modeling indoor human exposure to chemicals in consumer products"
- January 11, 2012 - Eva Agus Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department "Odorous Compounds in Municipal Wastewater Effluent and Potable Water Reuse Systems"
- January 25, 2012 - Jacob Tropea, Rolf Kern, Demo Chemist, Loren Olsen, Sr. Chemist, AB Sciex - Northern California & Nevada Region "Part 1. New Tools for Identifying Problematic Compounds and Part 2. Introduction to Metabolite Identification Strategies"
- February 08,2012 - Robert Letcher, Ph.D., Environment Canada and Carleton University "New and Emerging Organophosphorus and Brominated Flame Retardants and Degradation Products in Herring Gulls and Their Ecosystems from the Great Lakes"
- March, 14, 2012 - Ted Webster, Ph.D., MPH, Environmental Health Boston University School of Public Health, DSc - "Exposure to PBDEs from Product to Person"
- March 15, 2012 - Claudio Erratico, Ph.D. , UBC-Vancouver, Pharmaceutical Sciences - "PBDEs by Rat and Human Liver Microsomes"
- October 24,2012 – Martin Snider, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory ”Bisphenol A in Our Diet: Concentrations & Controversies”