HWMP Restrictions Facility Detail
1624 East Alpine Ave.
The 12.6 acre facility was used as a manufacturing plant for high voltage electrical switches for the power utility business from 1951 through 1992. Operations included galvanizing, silver plating, foundry, annealing, beryllium processing, machining, welding, painting and laboratory. Contamination of soil and groundwater resulted from the practice of the use of ponds for liquid wastes. The site was closed by excavation of metals contaminated soils and backfilling the ponds. Groundwater has been undergoing corrective action since then and is the subject of this Land Use Restriction to protect ongoing treatment facilities.