The Berkeley Center for Green Chemistry and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control are offering industry, government, and other organizations access to some of the best minds in the country – UC Berkeley graduate students – to promote green chemistry and train future scientists, engineers, and other professionals in this challenging new arena.
Interdisciplinary teams of graduate students from chemistry, engineering, environmental science, public health, business, and law will be matched with your needs in advancing green chemistry within your organization.
What the Berkeley Connection Offers
- Research targeting design, manufacture, use, and/or marketing of safer chemicals in products or operations.
- Technical and regulatory support for implementing alternatives analysis and pollution prevention programs.
- A spotlight on your organization for promoting green chemistry and safer consumer products.
- Workforce development in green chemistry.
- A dedicated partnership with UC Berkeley Greener Solutions graduate students, at no direct cost beyond your time.
What BCGC and DTSC Will Do
- Work with you to identify projects
- Recruit interdisciplinary student teams
- Provide mentoring and guidance specific to assigned projects
- Deliver academic and regulatory technical support for identified UC Berkeley Greener Solutions projects
- Evaluate individual projects and the implementation of recommendations
What Your Organization Contributes
- A defined project or problem designated for graduate students to address
- Oversight and mentorship to students working on the proposed project
- Access to materials and data needed for project completion
- A written evaluation of the project’s impact