In an effort to encourage an exchange of knowledge, whenever possible, ECL Presentation materials are posted below for viewing.
- February 11, 2015 –Ranjit Gill - Department of Toxic Substances Control –Environmental Chemistry Laboratory "Organophosphate Flame Retardants in Indoor Dust"
- March 11, 2015 - Olga-Ioanna Kalantzi, Ph.D., Department of Environment - University of the Aegean –"Toxicity of engineered nanoparticles in aquatic organisms"
- March 25, 2015 –Reber Brown, Ph.D. and Darcy Tarrant, Ph.D. –
Department of Toxic Substances Control –Environmental Chemistry
Laboratory "Analysis of Polybrominated Dibenzodioxins and Dibenzofurans in House Dust"
- April 8, 2015 –Anne-Cooper Doherty, Ph.D. –Department of Toxic Substances Control - Safer Consumer Products "Connections between Environmental Chemistry Research… A case study on Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (QACs)"
- April 22, 2015 –Tracey Woodruff, UCSF and Paula Johnson, CDPH "Navigation Guide –Safer Consumer Products"
- May 13, 2015 –Erika Houtz, Ph.D. –Department of Toxic Substances Control –Environmental Chemistry Laboratory "Exploring
Point Sources of Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances in
California: Wastewater Treatment Plants, Air Force Bases, and
Implications for CA Human Biomonitoring"
- October 28, 2015 – Arlene Blum, Ph.D. MPH Green Policy Institute, "How Science Can Impact Policy and Purchasing: Flame Retardants and 'Six Classes' Containing Harmful Chemicals"
- September 23, 2015 – Myrto Petreas, Ph.D. MPH Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Measuring flame retardants in furniture in support of new CA law (SB1019)"
- April 23, 2014 - Sabrina Crispo-Smith, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Simultaneous Determination of PCBs, PBDEs, and Organochlorine Pesticides Using GC-Tandem Mass Spectrometry"
May 14, 2014 - Weihong Guo, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Vitamin C Supplementation May Lower POP Body Burdens"
- May 28, 2014 – Emily Parry Ph.D. Candidate, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Transport, Toxicity and Fate of Organic Contaminants in Municipal Wastewater"
- June 25, 2014 – Karl Palmer, Safer Consumer Products & Workplaces, DTSC, "Implementation of the SCP Regulations – What Role Might the Environmental Chemistry Lab Play?"
- July 09, 2014 – Shirley Gee, University of California, Davis "Detecting Environmental Chemicals Using Immunoassay Technology"
July 23, 2014 – Kenneth Neely, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC, "Analysis of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water by IC-ICP-MS"
- September 24, 2014 – Kenneth Neely, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC "Approaches to measuring and modeling indoor human exposure to chemicals in consumer products"
October 08, 2014 – Aleksandr Soin, Ph.D. - Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, DTSC "Countercurrent Chromatography as a Sample Preparation Tool in Environmental Testing"
- January 11, 2012 - Eva Agus Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department "Odorous Compounds in Municipal Wastewater Effluent and Potable Water Reuse Systems"
- January 25, 2012 - Jacob Tropea, Rolf Kern, Demo Chemist, Loren
Olsen, Sr. Chemist, AB Sciex - Northern California & Nevada Region "Part 1. New Tools for Identifying Problematic Compounds and Part 2. Introduction to Metabolite Identification Strategies"
- February 08,2012 - Robert Letcher, Ph.D., Environment Canada and Carleton University "New
and Emerging Organophosphorus and Brominated Flame Retardants and
Degradation Products in Herring Gulls and Their Ecosystems from the
- March, 14, 2012 - Ted Webster, Ph.D., MPH, Environmental Health Boston University School of Public Health, DSc - "Exposure to PBDEs from Product to Person"
- March 15, 2012 - Claudio Erratico, Ph.D. , UBC-Vancouver, Pharmaceutical Sciences - "PBDEs by Rat and Human Liver Microsomes"
- October 24,2012 – Martin Snider, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory ”Bisphenol A in Our Diet: Concentrations & Controversies”
- January 26, 2011 - Timothy Borrego, Agilent Technologies, Life Sciences & Chemical Analysis, "Advantages of GC/MS/MS"
- February 09, 2011 - Mary A. Kaiser, Dupont Corporate Center for Analytical Sciences, "Highly Fluorinated Organic Compounds: Analytical Measurements in the Environment and in the Work-Place"
- March 09, 2011 - Bruce Godfrey, Ph.D. and Stefan D’Angona, Curtis & Tompkins Laboratories, "Quantitative Leak Testing For Soil Gas Wells Using A Commercially Available Helium Tracer Shroud" and "Soil Gas Sampling with a Helium Leak Detection Shroud"
- March 23, 2011 - Mahdi Abu-Omar, Ph.D. Purdue University, "Green Catalysis for a Sustainable Future"
- April 13, 2011- Monica Danon-Schaffer, Ph.D., P.Eng., Wardrop, A Tetra Tech Company, "PBDE Problem of E-waste in Landfills"
- April 27, 2011 - Sabrina Crispo Smith, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, "Isotopic Signatures of Porewater Dissolved Inorganic Carbon in Santa Monica Basin Sediments: A Method for Determining DIC Sources"
- May 11, 2011 - Bruce LaBelle, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, "Marine Debris Plastics"
- June 08, 2011 - Shyamala Mani, Ph.D., MPH, Program Director, Waste and Resources Management (WaRM) Center for Environment Education (CEE), India, "BFRs in E-wastes"
- June 22, 2011 - Roy Gerona, Ph.D., Department of Laboratory Medicine San Francisco General Hospital/University of California, San Francisco, "Solving Poison Control Center Intoxication Cases Using Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry"
- August 10, 2011 - Peter Stonebraker, Ph.D. UC Berkeley Extension Instructor, "Risk Assessment and Emerging Contaminants"
- September 14, 2011 - Carl Cranor, Ph.D. Department of Philosophy - University of California, "Legally Poisoned: How the Law Puts Us at Risk from Toxicants"
- October 12, 2011 - Martin Mulvihill, Ph.D., Berkeley Center for Green Chemistry School of Public Health, "Arsenic Detection Using Nanoparticles"
- October 26, 2011 - Anna Kärrman, Ph.D., MTM Research Centre, School of Science and Technology, Örebro University, "Structural Isomers of Perfluorinated Compounds, Useful Tool for Source Elucidation"
- November 10, 2011 - Anna Rotander, Ph.D. - MTM Research Centre, School of Science and Technology Örebro University, "Studying POPs and Plastic Debris in Ocean Gyres"
- March 23, 2010 - Eunha Hoh, Ph.D., San Diego State University, School of Public Health, "Analysis of Untargeted Organic Chemicals of Interest in Environmental Samples Using GC×GC-TOF Mass Spectrometry"
- May 12, 2010 - MiaoMiao Wang, Department of Toxic Substances Control - Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, "Analysis of 12 PFCs (perfluorinated compounds) in serum samples using Online Solid Phase Extraction"
- August 25, 2010 - Wei Zou, Ph.D., Department of Toxic Substances Control - Environmental Chemistry Laboratory , "A Comprehensive Mass Spectrometry - Based Metabolomics Workflow in Biomarker Discovery"
- January 14, 2009 - Thu Quach, Northern California Cancer Center "Breast Cancer Risk in California Nail Salon Workers"
- January 28, 2009 - Suhash Harwani, Ph.D., Association of Public Health Laboratories Fellows, "Complexation of Cations, Anions, and Organic Substrates using Modified Cyclodextrins"
- February 11, 2009 - Claudia Polsky, Department of Toxic Substances Control, "Detoxifying California: What's Your Plan?"
- February 25, 2009 - Ki Chang Ahn, Ph.D., U.C. Davis, "Immunoassay for Monitoring Human and Environmental Exposure to Personal Care Products..."
- March 25, 2009 - Simon Jones, Agilent Technologies, "Techniques for Making Your GC Analysis..."
- April 22, 2009 - John Karachewski, Ph.D., PG, CHG, Department of Toxic Substances Control, "Geology of the San Francisco Bay Region"
- May 13, 2009 - Claudio Sorrentino, Department of Toxic Substances Control, "AB289: Looking for Answers: The Case of TBHP, an "Alternative" Flame Retardant"
- May 27, 2009 - June-Soo Parks, Ph.D., Department of Toxic Substances Control, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, "The Exposure of California Peregrine Falcon (Falco Peregrinus) to PBDEs and New Alternative BFRs"
- November 03, 2009 - Linda Linderholm, Ph.D. Candidate, Stockholm University, "Human Exposure to Persistent Organic Pollutants in West Africa: An Individual Specific Temporal Trend Study from Guinea-Bissau"