ECL hosts bi-weekly seminars on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the Berkeley Regional Office. The ECL Seminars are also available via webinar, please view the current Seminar Schedule to sign up for a webinar. If you have something to contribute to the scientific community and are interested in being a guest speaker, or if you would like additional information, contact Kathleen Jones-Tucker at email@example.com.
ECL Seminar - Presentations
In an effort to encourage an exchange of knowledge, whenever possible, ECL Presentation materials are posted below for viewing.
- February 28, 2018 - Todd Whitehead, Ph.D., School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley - "Translating ECL Research for the Public: Providing practical tips for avoiding Exposure to Flame Retardants"
- March 14, 2018 - MiaoMiao Wang, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, Dept. of Toxic Substances Control - "A Brief Review of the EPAs Non-Target Analysis Collaborative Trial (ENTACT)"
- March 28 - Susan Hurley, MPH., Cancer Prevention Institute of California – “Serum Measures of PFASs and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Case Control Analysis”
- April 25 - Shizhong Wang Ph.D. Department of Toxic Substances Control, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory – “Synthesis of Core/Shell CdSe/Zn1- xMnxS Quantum Dots for Multimodality Imaging”
- September 26 – Michiel Bastiaensen & Professor Adrian Covaci, Ph.D., Toxicological Centre, University of Antwerp, “Biomonitoring emerging chemicals in Flanders: focus on phosphate flame retardants (PFRs)”
- December 07, 2018 - Matthew MacLeod, Ph.D., Department of Environmental Science & Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden, “Population-based pharmacokinetic modeling of biomonitoring data for persistent pollutants”
- January 11, 2017 - Arlene Blum, Ph.D., Green Science Policy – "Tackling Toxics: The "Six Classes" Approach Towards Healthier Products, People &Planet
- February 22, 2017 – Simona Balan, Department of Toxic Substances Control –Safer Products &Workplace Program – "Fluorinated Compounds in U.S. Fast Food Packages"
- July 11, 2017 – Juliet Kinyua, Department of Toxic Substances Control – Environmental Chemistry Laboratory – "Screening of new psychoactive substances in biological matrices and sewage to monitor community-level consumption"
- July 26, 2017 – Hongtai Huang, Ph.D., University of California, San Francisco - Dept. of OB/GYN & Reproductive Health and the Environment – "Investigation of Association between Environmental Chemical Exposures and Preterm Births in California"
- August 9, 2017 - Stuart Harrad, Ph.D., School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham - "The BFRs in the Waste Stream -The Ins and Outs of Environmental Contamination with Organic Flame Retardants"
- January 13, 2016 –Bob Risebrough, "The Montrose Story: It's Scientific, Environmental, Legal, and Political Legacies"
- February 10, 2016 –Shiyamalie Ruberu, Ph.D., "Overview of Drinking Water Radionuclide Rule and the Occurrence of Radium in California Groundwater Well"
- February 24, 2016 –Jessica Pyle, "XOS –Intro to HDXRF"
- March 09, 2016 - Robert Voss, MPH, "Foam Replacement Environmental Exposure Study (FREES)"
- March 16, 2016 - Prof. William R. Dichtel, "Rapid Removal of Organic Micropollutants from Water using a Porous Cyclodextrin Polymer"
- March 23, 2016 - Ruiling Liu, "Association between Serum Polybrominated Diphenylether Levels and Residential Proximity to Solid Waste Facilities"
- April 27, 2016 - Juan VillaRomero, Ph.D., "Microbial Metabolism of Contaminants: from oil and Pesticides in Ecuador to Selenium in California's Largest Lake, the Salton Sea"
- May 11, 2016 - John Karachewski, Ph.D., PG, CHG, Department of Toxic Substances Control., "California Geoscapes: Photo Essays from GRA Hydrovisions –Parting Shots"
- May 25, 2016 –Jeff Wagner, Ph.D., Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Laboratory., "Novel Approaches in Toxics Identification, Environmental Forensics, and Exposure Assessment"
- June 8, 2016 – Tracey Woodruff, UCSF and Rachel Morello, University of California, Berkeley - When Pollution Gets Personal: Leveraging Biomonitoring Science to Inform Environmental Health Decision-making
- June 22, 2016 - Samira Salihovic, Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, Dept. of Toxic Substances Control - "Environmental metabolomics: use of non-targeted metabolomics profiling to study possible metabolic effects of p,p'-DDE and HCB in a population-based sample"
- July 13, 2016 - Patty Wong, Ph.D. and Jocelyn Claude, Ph.D. Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment - "Exposures to Chemicals in Synthetic Turf"
- ·August 10, 2016 - Swati Anand Ph.D., - Department of Toxic Substances Control - Environmental Chemistry Laboratory "Discovery of Low Molecular Weight Novel Serum Biomarkers for Preeclampsia and Alzheimer's Disease"
- September 27, 2016 –Miaomiao Wang, Ph.D., Department of Toxic Substances Control –Environmental Chemistry Laboratory "High Resolution Mass LC/QTOF for the Screening of unknown Contaminants in Biological and Environmental Samples"
- October 12, 2016 - Veena Singla, Ph.D., Staff Scientist, Natural Resources Defense Council – "Consumer product chemicals in indoor dust: Implications for Human Exposure and Health"