The mission of DTSC is to protect California's people and environment from harmful effects of toxic substances through the restoration of contaminated resources, enforcement, regulation, and pollution prevention.
- Californians enjoy a clean and healthy environment, and as a result of our efforts,
- Communities are confident that we protect them from toxic harm,
- Businesses are confident that we engage them with consistency and integrity, and
- Consumers are confident that we stimulate innovation in the development of safer products.
On January 1, 2005, the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) was authorized by the California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA) as the Imperial County Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA).
The main objective of a Unified Program is to combine and coordinate six formerly separate elements into a single agency. This makes it simpler for businesses to comply with hazardous waste regulations that protect public health, safety, and the environment. For more information on the following Unified Program, click on the following.
DTSC Imperial CUPA Office
627 Wake Avenue
El Centro, California 92243
Phone: (760) 352-0381
Fax: (760) 352-1641
Staff Contact List
Report a Concern
If you see a dumping is occurring, call 911 immediately. Take note of the violator and the event.
For environmental concerns, contact the following:
- Hotline: (866) 357-3990
- Imperial CUPA Office: (760) 352-0381
- Identifying Violations Affecting Neighborhoods (IVAN)