UW for Residents - E-Waste and CRTs

General Universal Waste  |  Batteries  |  Fluorescent Lamps  |  Electronic Waste and CRTs  |
Non-Empty Aerosol Cans  |  Mercury Devices  |  Resources  |  Regulations and Policies

What are electronic devices?

Electronic devices are items such as: televisions, computer monitors and other video display devices, computers, printers, videocassette recorders (VCRs), cell phones, telephones, radios and microwave ovens. These devices often contain heavy metals like lead, cadmium, copper and chromium.

Where can I dispose of e-waste devices?

Look for a participating e-waste retailer or recycler at E-Recycle.Org.

Recycling working cell phones

Cell phones are considered hazardous waste when no longer of use (broken or not). Beginning on July 6, 2006, cell phone retailers must accept used phones.

Contact Information

For additional questions, you can contact:

Regulatory Assistance Officers
(800) 728-6942, or (800) 72TOXIC