To reactivate your federal EPA ID NUMBER, please do the following:
- If you did not complete your 2017 ID number verification questionnaire, please click here.
- If you need to update your information, you must also complete either the online EPA Form 8700-12 or submit the paper EPA Form 8700-12 to DTSC to update your information. Please register at this page and enter your information for your ID number. More information can be found here.
- If you not complete your 2016 or prior year ID number verification questionnaire, or you need to reactivate your ID number for another reason, please complete the online EPA Form 8700-12 by registering at this page and entering your information for your ID number. More information can be found here.
- Alternatively, you may also download the six-page EPA Form 8700-12 (EPA ID Number Instructions and Form).
- In Section 1, "Reason for Submittal," check "Obtaining or updating an EPA ID number for an on-going regulated activity that will continue for a period of time."
- Fill out ALL SECTIONS in this form. Check all boxes either Yes or No. Do not leave any boxes unchecked, or it will delay processing of your application.
- Remember to include both the federal waste codes AND the state waste codes on your application. Failure to do so will delay processing of your application.
- Sign the form, provide your name, official title and email, and date the form.
Once complete, send the form with original signature (not a copy) to:
California Department of Toxic Substances Control
Attn: RCRA Notifications MS 11-20
P.O. Box 806 Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
If you have questions regarding the EPA Form 8700-12, please email email@example.com.