To reactivate your STATE ID NUMBER, please do the following:
- If you did not complete your ID number verification questionnaire for 2017, please click here
- If you did not complete your 2016 or prior year ID number verification questionnaire, or you need to reactivate you ID number for another reason, download the 1358 form (Permanent State ID Number Application).
- In the section titled "CHANGES TO STATUS OR INFORMATION FOR AN EXISTING STATE ID NUMBER," enter your current ID number. Then choose box 4, "I am reactivating this ID Number" and for the Reason, check either A. (Verification Questionnaire) or B. (Other).
- Complete the remainder of the form (sections 6-12).
- Sign and date the form in box 13.
Once complete, you can send the application to us in one of three ways:
- Scan the application into PDF or as a Word document and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to 916-323-3500 (no confirmation of receipt is sent for faxes).
- Mail it to:
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Business Operations Unit MS 11-27
PO Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
(There is no guarantee of delivery when sent by mail.)If you have questions regarding the Form 1358, please refer to the state ID number instructions on the DTSC webpage.