Guidance from agencies involved with AML issues.
- Abandoned Mine Land Inventory and Hazard Assessment (U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Mines, May, 1994) Part A & Part B
- Risk Management Criteria for Metals at BLM Sites (U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, October 2004)
- Abandoned Mine Site Characterization and Cleanup Handbook (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, August 2000)
- California's Abandoned Mines - A Report on the Magnitude and Scope of the Issue in the State (Department of Conservation, Office of Mine Reclamation, Abandoned Mine Lands Unit, June 2000)
- Mercury Contamination from Historic Gold Mining in California (U.S. Department of the Interior, Geological Survey, May 2000)
- Abandoned Mine Lands: A Decade of Progress Reclaiming Hardrock Mines (U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, September 2007)